Strength and Conditioning Coach (working with British Swimming)
Post date: 07-Nov-2011 10:23:14
THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT
WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
In 2008 we saw the most successful British performance at an Olympic Games this century, creating a springboard for even greater performances on home soil in London 2012. Contributing to this success, and behind every medal winning athlete, can be found a world class support team - all focused on the achievement of medal winning margins. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the elite athletes we support, have the drive, passion and commitment to be the best you can be.
The English Institute of Sport (EIS) is a dynamic, proactive organisation. Working with our partners in high performance sport we aim to achieve sustained international success for England and Great Britain in Sport through the delivery of world class, integrated and innovative services.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH
(working with British Swimming)
Based at Sportcity, Manchester
Salary: £27,500 - £34,499 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
The post holder will contribute to the aims and objectives of the English Institute of Sport and British Swimming’s World Class Programme through:
• The delivery and implementation of strength and conditioning services, and strategies as outlined in British Swimming’s ITC Sport Science and Sport Medicine Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• The delivery and development of strength and conditioning support to British Swimming World Class Programme coaches and swimmers at Stockport ITC and Manchester Aquatics.
• The delivery of strength and conditioning support to British Swimming coaches and WCP swimmers at identified domestic and international training camps and competitions.
• Leading the delivery and development of strength and conditioning services for British Swimming World Class Programme funded swimmers in the North West Region
You should have:
• A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or related area specialising in the area of physical preparation of elite athletes
• UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation, or ability to obtain it within 6 months
• Considerable experience in the provision of strength and conditioning services to athletes and coaches to improve performance. This experience should include work with national teams and their athletes
YOU MAY APPLY VIA
Email: email@example.com Post: Senior Business Administrator, English Institute of Sport, Sportcity, Gate 13, Rowsley Street, Manchester, M11 3FF. Please quote job ref: NWE75.11
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION, RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS AND A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE.
Closing date: 10th November 2011 @ 12 noon (GMT)
Interview date: 17th November 2011
As an equal opportunity employer, EIS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.