Principle Talent Scientist
Post date: 14-Jun-2011 08:43:03
THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT
WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
In 2008 we saw the most successful British performance at an Olympic Games this century, creating a springboard for even greater performances on home soil in London 2012. Contributing to this success, and behind every medal winning athlete, can be found a world class support team - all focused on the achievement of medal winning margins. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the elite athletes we support, have the drive, passion and commitment to be the best you can be.
The English Institute of Sport (EIS) is a dynamic, proactive organisation. Working with our partners in high performance sport we aim to achieve sustained international success for England and Great Britain in Sport through the delivery of world class, integrated and innovative services.
PRINCIPLE TALENT SCIENTIST
Based: To be confirmed dependant on the successful candidate
Salary scale: circa £45,000 p.a.
Hours: 37 hours per week (36 if based in London)
Fixed term appointment until April 2013 with a possible extension until April 2017 (subject to funding)
Your role will involve;
• Identify, lead and coordinate multidisciplinary teams and technical consultants that can enhance the delivery of the strategy and it’s four work streams (Frontline Solutions, Education, Research into Practice and Talent Benchmarking)
• Provide strong leadership on the delivery of all technical and scientific requirements for projects outlined in the 2013/17 Talent Strategy
• Lead the applied Research into Practice work stream outlined in the 2013/17 Talent Strategy, ensuring key findings are applied at the frontline and lead to more sophisticated practices in identifying and developing elite sport talent for GB.
You should have;
• A Masters Qualification degree (or equivalent) in one of the following related fields; sports sciences (exercise physiology), Sports Medicine, and/or elite level coaching
• Verifiable record of working within a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of support services to emerging (junior elite) and/or elite level athletes
• Experience of developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practice, including working in an applied and integrated manner
YOU MAY APPLY VIA
Email email@example.com Post: Senior Business Administrator, English Institute of Sport, 2nd Floor, 40 Bernard St, London, WC1N 1ST. Please quote job ref: NAE34.11.
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION, RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS AND A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE.
Closing date: 27 June 2011 @ 1 pm (GMT). Interview date: 1 July 2011
As an equal opportunity employer, EIS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicant must have the right to live and work in the UK.