Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach
Post date: 16-Mar-2017 08:34:06
Organisation: The Cornish Pirates
Salary£20-£25k dependent on experience
Location Penzance, Cornwall
Contract type Permanent (Full time)
Closing date 17 March 2017
Interview date 20 March 2017
Job Description The Cornish Pirates are looking for a committed and highly motivated Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach for the clubs first team squad.
Working as a part of an integrated coaching and medical team, you will report to the Head Coaches and work closely with the medical team.
Your key objectives are to continually develop the physical and mental performance and injury robustness of all players.
Role requirements are as follows:
• Lead, manage and deliver elite level strength and conditioning programme to the Cornish Pirates team.
• Work with the Rugby Coaches and Physiotherapists to plan annual, monthly and weekly training schedule for the development and performance of the team
• Using evidenced based practice further develop the training load monitoring including RPE, GPS, HR and Wellness.
• Develop Prehabilitation and Injury Prevention programmes in conjunction with the medical department.
• Oversee and develop strength and conditioning programming for injured players including their rehabilitation in conjunction with the medical department.
• Communicate findings in training loads and fitness to the Rugby coaches and physiotherapists.
• Provide nutritional support to the players, chefs and hotels
• Maintain WADA whereabouts records for the whole team
• Organise Nutritional Supplements for the team
• Unsociable hours and extensive travel.
• Significant experience of coaching and working in high performance sport
• Evidence of successful development of elite athletes
• Ability to manage and co-ordinate workload and work under pressure
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Adept in the usage of Microsoft Office
• Ability to deliver information to members of staff and team
• Evidence of managing individuals
• Master’s degree in Sports Science related discipline
• UKSCA and/or NSCA certifications
• Prior experience of working in elite team sports, preferably Rugby Union
• Logistical planning for schedules and travel
• Experience of using the WADA ADAMS system
• Experience of sourcing and organising products for the enhancement of the teamHow to applyPlease attach CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org