Advanced Public Health Practitioner
Post date: 16-Jun-2015 09:00:30
Windsor House, Plymouth
Permanent 37 hours per week Grade H (£30,978 to £34,746)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with proven public health experience to join the Office of the Director of Public Health (ODPH), in Plymouth. Under the Director of Public Health, the ODPH was formed as a directorate in April 2014, bringing together the functions Public Health, Public Protection and Civil Protection. Plymouth City Council is committed to improving health for the people of Plymouth and this is a great opportunity to develop and influence the public health agenda and tackle the inequalities that exist across the City.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to work across the three domains of public health (health improvement, health protection and health and care service improvement). With a relevant degree, professional qualification or work-based experience in a related field they will be passionate about public health and be a motivated team player.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading multi-agency public health work with the focus for this post being initially on maternal health, child health and the health improvement area of healthy weight.
Supporting the Public Health Consultant and Specialist in the children and young people team, candidates will be looking to develop their skills in public health and have:
· Experience of undertaking community based health needs assessments, identification and implementation of evidence based interventions
· Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating public health programmes and initiatives
· Experience of partnership working
· An understanding of public health principles and practice
· Up to date knowledge of public health and health improvement agendas
· An understanding of the wider determinants of health
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
· Ability to analyse, evaluate and interpret health data and information and present information clearly and succinctly both verbally and in written form
The Disclosure & Barring Service Check requirement for this post is: Enhanced Check + DBS Children’s Barred List & DBS Adult’s Barred List (previously known as CRB Check)
For an informal discussions please contact Julie Frier, Consultant in Public Health or Dave Schwartz, Public Health Specialist on 01752 398606
Closing date: Wednesday 24 June 2015