Health Improvement Specialist (Physical Activity, H. Eating,Obesity)
Post date: 12-Feb-2013 13:11:14
Job Reference: 618-PH0121
Job Title: Health Improvement Specialist (Physical Activity, H. Eating,Obesity)
Area of Work: East Sussex County Council
Employer: Hastings and Rother PCT
Department: Public Health
Salary: £35,280 - £38,553 per annum
Closing Date: 3/3/2013
East Sussex is an attractive place to live, with beautiful countryside, and stunning beaches all within easy reach of Gatwick and London. It has pockets of urban and rural deprivation and a population of over 500,000 residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team to provide specialist health improvement input to East Sussex County Council and its partners.. The post holder will develop, deliver and/or commission health improvement interventions and services in defined areas of work.
The post holder whilst based in Lewes may be required to travel across East Sussex. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
We are currently recruiting to 5 Specialist Health Improvement posts in the Public Health Department. Where candidates apply for more than one Health Improvement Specialist post we will endeavour to conduct a single interview for each applicant and consider them for all posts they have been shortlisted for.
For more information on the essential and desirable criteria for this role please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For informal discussion, please contact Anita Counsell - Head of Specialist Health Improvement on 01273 336045. email@example.com
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
YOU NEED TO APPLY VIA www.eastsussex.gov.uk/ jobs
Please note the following before applying:
1. Closing date: we reserve the right to amend the closing date based upon the number of applications received. Vacancies attracting a high volume of applications may therefore close earlier than advertised.
2. Work Permits: at present we are unable to offer Tier 2 Certificates of Sponsorship to migrant workers for any post, and applicants requiring sponsorship in order to work in the UK will therefore not be shortlisted.
3. Interviews: all shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview. Telephone interviews will not be considered.
4. Unsuccessful applications: if you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of your application, we regret that you will not have been offered an interview on this occasion.
5. Criminal records: due to the requirements of certain roles, a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure must be obtained by the organisation. Please be aware that anyone who is included in the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) barred lists will commit an offence if they engage, or seek or offer to engage, in a regulated activity from which they are barred.
6. General: this post will be subject to review under the relevant NHS Terms and Conditions of Service.