Healthy Lifestyle Facilitator
Post date: 14-Jul-2010 11:26:43
Company: Fylde Coast YMCA
Location: St Annes, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Job ref: BLA/LIFE
37.5 hours per week
1 year fixed term
Fylde Coast YMCA are seeking a highly motivated people person to help with the delivery of the Y:Active Exercise on Prescription Scheme in Blackpool.
This is a varied role which will involve interacting with the public, motivating people to become physically active, delivering community based classes, leading walks and delivering healthy lifestyle consultations. Working across the Blackpool area the postholder will also take some responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of adult physical activity programmes. Typical duties will include:
* To undertake client consultations and identify appropriate physical activity opportunities
* To provide health assessments to clients on adult referral programmes
* To work with local GP practices to promote the Y:Active Exercise on Prescription Programme and keep referring partners informed of scheme developments
* To develop a programme of community based walks and classes
* To use motivational interview techniques to maximise adherence rates
* To set up, deliver and take down mobile community classes
* Tracking and supplying monitoring and evaluation information for the formation of reports
* Assisting with the promotion of other related health and physical activity programmes
You should possess at least two years experience of working within the field of health and physical activity. Excellent communication and organisational skills are also required.
To request an application pack or for further information please email email@example.com or contact a member of the Y:Active Team on 01253 882105.
Interview dates - week commencing 19th July 2010
Closing date: 16 Jul 2010