There are many referencing styles that have been adopted by institutions and journals and while there are differences between many of them, there are also many common requirements across all styles.
My University uses the APA style and below are some resources that I have helped develop to support student's academic development work.
Google Slide set outlining the APA style
A short video outlining 4 methods for referencing more effectively
More Referencing Links
- Reporting Verbs for Sport and Exercise Science - Another page on this website
- What is APA style
- APA Style Blog - The official companion to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition, run by a group of experts who work with APA Style every day.
- APA citation style guide from bibguide - A resource that includes lots of advice on using APA style for referencing
- The Purdue Owl Online Writing Lab - An excellent resource outlining lots of advice on using APA style for referencing
- Frequently Asked Questions from the APA website - Quick answers to common questions about using APA style.
- APA Style Tutorial - Basic rules of APA style from the APA website.
- Referencing and avoiding plagiarism - An overview on the Palgrave Study Skills website
- ReciteWorks - If you aren’t using Mendeley this could be useful in checking you’ve captured all citations in the ref list