Strength and Conditioning Coach
Post date: 14-Jun-2011 08:44:48
Based: Sportcity, Manchester
Salary: £24,500 – £27,499
Hours: 37 hours per week
THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT
WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
In 2008 we saw the most successful British performance at an Olympic Games this century, creating a springboard for even greater performances on home soil in London 2012. Contributing to this success, and behind every medal winning athlete, can be found a world class support team - all focused on the achievement of medal winning margins. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the elite athletes we support, have the drive, passion and commitment to be the best you can be.
The English Institute of Sport (EIS) is a dynamic, proactive organisation. Working with our partners in high performance sport we aim to achieve sustained international success for England and Great Britain in Sport through the delivery of world class, integrated and innovative services.
Your role will involve;
• Assisting in the delivery of strength and conditioning services to the Great Britain Taekwondo Performance Programme.
• Assist in the delivery of strength and conditioning services to the England Womens Rugby League Performance Programme.
• The delivery and development of strength and conditioning services for World Class Programme athletes from a variety of other sports in the Region. This may include Netball, Badminton, Hockey and Wheelchair Basketball.
You should have;
• A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or related area specialising in the area of physical preparation of elite athletes
• UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation, or ability to obtain it within 6 months
• Experience in the provision of strength and conditioning services to athletes and coaches to improve performance. This experience should include work with national teams and their athletes
YOU MAY APPLY VIA
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Senior Business Administrator, English Institute of Sport, Sportcity, Gate 13, Rowsley Street, Manchester, M11 3FF
Please quote job ref: NWE39.11
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION AND RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS.
Closing date: 4th July, 2011 @ 12 noon (GMT). Interview date: 14th July, 2011.
As an equal opportunity employer, EIS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.