Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
Post date: 27-Jun-2017 12:50:56
Notts County Football in the Community - Nottingham
Salary: £23,842 - £26,907 depending on qualifications, skills and abilities
Location: Based at the Portland Centre in Nottingham
Contract: 37.5 hours a week
Closing date: Noon on Friday 7th July 2017, 2017 – interview date Friday 14th July.
We’re looking for a unique individual to develop, implement and provide day to day co-ordination and delivery of the CARE (Cancer and Rehabilitation Exercise) Programme in Nottinghamshire. This is a fixed term role until 31st March 2018 with an immediate start. We fully expect the position to be longer-term, based on the project’s success so far and our relationship with Macmillan and other funders.
This role will work closely with people in Nottinghamshire living with and beyond cancer to increase their involvement and engagement in physical activity. The role will have key responsibility to work closely with stakeholders such as Macmillan Nursing Teams and other health professionals to ensure channels of communication are effective and referrals into the programme are seamless. Engagement with other community based activity providers will be an essential part of the role.
The Programme Coordinator will have a Level 4 in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation qualification, and will take an active role in the delivery of the sessions, behaviour change interventions, and the development of the supporting staff. The role will be supported by Macmillan Cancer Support in terms of the individuals learning and development needs.
We are really looking for someone who:
- is positive, solution-led and has exceptional people, presentation and communication skills
- will adhere to the Macmillan physical activity behaviour change care pathway
- will deliver on targets, and has experience in providing monitoring and evaluation reports
- has worked within high-level projects, encompassing physical activity and clinical based rehabilitation
- is dedicated, motivated and can self-manage
- will attract referrals into the programme
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to Health Manager, Emma Trent,