Statistical Analysis in Sport & Exercise Science
Conway, B. (2017) Smallest Worthwhile Change - https://www.scienceforsport.com/smallest-worthwhile-change/
Sauret, J. (2018) Reliability - https://www.scienceforsport.com/reliability/
Spiegelhalter, D. (2019) The Art of Statistics: Learning from Data. Pelican Books
Turner, A., Brazier, J., Bishop, C., Chavda, S., Cree, J., & Read, P. (2015). Data analysis for strength and conditioning coaches: Using excel to analyze reliability, differences, and relationships. Strength & Conditioning Journal, 37(1), 76-83. http://dx.doi.org/10.1519/SSC.0000000000000113
- Cairo, A. (2016). The truthful art: Data, charts, and maps for communication. New Riders.
- Hanel, P. H., Maio, G. R., & Manstead, A. S. (2018). A new way to look at the data: Similarities between groups of people are large and important. Journal of personality and social psychology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pspi0000154
- McCrum-Gardner, E. (2008). Which is the correct statistical test to use?. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 46, 38-41.
- Travers et al. (2019) Should this systematic review and meta-analysis change my practice? Part 1: exploring treatment effect and trustworthiness BJSM http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2018-099958
- Travers et al. (2019) Should this systematic review and meta-analysis change my practice? Part 2: exploring the role of the comparator, diversity, risk of bias and confidence BJSM http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2018-099959
- Andy Fields statisticshell.com website
- Introduction to SPSS & Descriptive Statistics
- Field, A. (2013). Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS statistics. Sage [google books]
- Morrow, J.R., Jackson, A.W., Disch, J.G. and Mood, D.P. (2011) Measurement and Evaluation in Human Performance (4th Ed.) Champaign, IL; Human Kinetics [google books]
- Newell, J., Aitchison, T and Grant, S. (2010) Statistics for Sports and Exercise Science. Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd.[companion website]
- Dancey, C. P., Reidy, J. G. and Rowe, R. (2012) Statistics for the Health Sciences: A Non-Mathematical Introduction. London: Sage [companion website]
- Salkind, N.J. (2013) Statistics for people who think they hate statistics. London: Sage [companion website]
- Reinhart, A. (n.d.) Statistics Done Wrong [click here]
- Hopkins, W., Marshall, S., Batterham, A., & Hanin, J. (2009). Progressive statistics for studies in sports medicine and exercise science. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 41(1), 3.[full text]
- How to choose a statistical test. An interactive RLO [click here]
- StatsDirect - glossary and descriptions of most statistical analyses
- A Statistics Dictionary from answers.com
- Whichtest.info An app for ipad that helps users to decide on the most suitable statistical analysis
- Satistics for the Terrified
- Sportsci.org - Dr Will Hopkins resource is thorough and uses many examples from the world of Sport Science
- Probability associated with inferential statistics - An RLO by David Justham & Heather Wharrad
- Descriptive Statistics for Interval and ratio - An RLO by David Justham & Heather Wharrad
- A range of stats resources are also available at http://www.stats-class.com/default2.htm
- http://www.stats-class.com/default2.htm - A series of lecture notes, links and tasks.
- SPSS - online training workshop from developed by Dr Carl Lee, Dr Felix Famoye of Central Michigan Univ.
- http://www.badscience.net/category/statistics/ - Ben Goldacre's site to accompany the book of the same name.
- Top 50 Statistics blogs of 2011