Research and Evaluation Manager
Post date: 28-May-2017 08:31:06
Full Time, Permanent / £30,685
Application closing date: Sun 11 Jun 2017
The Insight Directorate’s vision is to place insight at the heart of decision making at Sport England and across community sport. To deliver this vision, the Directorate combines enhanced research, evaluation, data and analysis capability with expertise in behavioural understanding. The Directorate provides both:
- Portfolio level, strategic insight to underpin effective strategy and investment
- More specific customer insights that influence key decision makers within organisations critical to the successful delivery of our strategy
Operating at the heart of the Directorate and organisation, the Data, Research and Analysis team’s work is varied and team members will get involved in a range of different business critical projects. Recent and current examples of the type of projects the successful candidate might work on, include:
- Reviewing the existing research and evaluation evidence around the contribution of sport and physical activity to the outcomes of the government strategy for sport “Sporting Future”. The team commissioned and managed a major evidence review working with a steering group of sector practitioners / stakeholders and a small group of leading academics.
- Design and management of the evaluation of Sport England’s This Girl Can campaign. This exciting project is helping us to better understand women’s sporting attitudes and behaviours as well as the impact of the campaign.
- Contributing to a wider programme of secondary analysis addressing fundamental strategic, policy and investment challenges, the team undertakes / manages analysis of a wide range of data including (but not limited to); sport and physical activity data, government population and economic statistics. Current / Recent analysis projects include; the development of Sport England 2020 strategy targets.
- The development of an attitudinal based segmentation of the youth sport market and a youth consultation panel. The consultation panel is representative of the six personalities identified in our most recent youth insight and has provided a wide range of research options, including: online communities, discussion forums, online/mobile questionnaires, voxpops, co-creation workshops and focus groups.
Our growing team is seeking to recruit a Research and Evaluation Manager who will be based in our London office. In addition, the Sport England Insight Directorate are also currently recruiting an Analyst – Quantitative Research.