STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH
Post date: 08-Sep-2011 08:28:01
THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT: WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
In 2008 we saw the most successful British performance at an Olympic Games this century, creating a springboard for even greater performances on home soil in London 2012. Contributing to this success, and behind every medal winning athlete, can be found a world class support team - all focused on the achievement of medal winning margins. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the elite athletes we support, have the drive, passion and commitment to be the best you can be.
The English Institute of Sport (EIS) is a dynamic, proactive organisation. Working with our partners in high performance sport we aim to achieve sustained international success for England and Great Britain in Sport through the delivery of world class, integrated and innovative services.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH
Based at Loughborough University
Salary: £24,500 - £27,499 p.a. (pro rata)
Hours: 30 hours per week
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the English Institute of Sport through:
• The delivery and development of strength and conditioning services for World Class Programme athletes in the Region
• The delivery of strength and conditioning services from identified locations and at training venues and camps around the country
• Undertaking research or further studies and support regional Strength & Conditioning monitoring activities
This role is likely to include working with the following sports; Rowing, Netball, Hockey, Wheelchair Basketball, Badminton, Women’s Rugby, RFL, ParaEquestrian, disability swimming.
You should have:
• A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or related area specialising in the area of physical preparation of elite athletes
• UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation, or ability to obtain it within 6 months
• Considerable experience in the provision of strength and conditioning services to athletes and coaches to improve performance. This experience should include work with national teams and their athletes
The post holder will have the opportunity to apply for an EIS-funded research project/ professional qualification in addition to this 0.8 FTE (4 days per week) delivery role. Any research would be aligned to a current aspect of the EIS Strength & Conditioning delivery and/or questions relating to the S&C monitoring processes. It is anticipated that candidates will commit 1 day per week in addition to their 0.8 FTE role and no remuneration will be paid for time undertaking additional research / study.
YOU MAY APPLY VIA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Senior Business Administrator, English Institute of Sport. Performance Centre, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU
Please quote job ref: EME54.11
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION, RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS AND A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE.
Applicants should specify within their covering letter if they would like to be considered for a EIS funded research project / professional qualification support in addition to the 0.8 role.
Closing date: 12th September 2011 @1pm GMT
Interview date: 22nd September 2011
As an equal opportunity employer, EIS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicant must have the right to live and work in the UK