Cardiac Exercise Physiologist / Senior Physiotherapist, Plymouth
Post date: 07-Jun-2018 09:17:52
Job Reference: 832-2018-PTA-607
Employer:Livewell Southwest CIC
Department:Cardiac Rehab Team
Salary:£26,565 to £35,577 pa
Contact Name: Kirsty Settle - Team Manager or Annette Coles/Amy Rigby - Exercise Physiologists
Telephone:07765258674 / 01752-434521
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within the Livewell Southwest Community Cardiac Team. Based at the Cumberland Centre, you will work closely with the Cardiac Specialist Nurses and lead the exercise component of our Cardiac Rehabilitation service.
With at least 2 years experience in the assessment and management of exercise prescription in relation to patients with coronary heart disease/heart failure, you must possess a good understanding of cardiovascular diseases, as well as knowledge and abilities in exercise assessment and prescription, exercise physiology, behaviour change, risk factor assessment and management, cardiovascular emergency procedures and adult education.
Working within the Community Cardiac Team team you will be responsible for the assessment, management and follow-up of patients requiring exercise-based rehabilitation in the community. An Exercise Science/Physiology/Physiotherapy Degree, with specific knowledge of exercise prescription in relation to patients with complex cardiac conditions is essential, in addition to post-graduate training in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- Childcare vouchers
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.