Sports Therapy and Personal Fitness Lecturer
Post date: 08-Jun-2012 10:05:19
Salary: From £24,000 to £32,000 per annum 24-34.5K
Date posted: 07/06/2012 09:31
Company: Morgan Jones Recruitment
Contact: Anna Wiget
Job ID: 53780043
Our client is an established college in Central London who is looking for a Sports and Fitness Lecturer to join their team.
Overall purpose of the job and key results areas
You will be responsible for candidates for up to 2 cohorts, in the capacity of the tutor and assessor. You are to support and guide the students at all time to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting and appropriate. You are to guide them through the assessments providing feedback to ensure the candidate develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their ILP’s and what is required for them to complete their programme. You will be working with in a team to help develop the course in both the delivery and techniques.
- To be available to deliver formal scheduled teaching on subjects from the NVQ level 1, 2 and 3 syllabus and BTEC qualification using the appropriate college notes and resources
- A record of ‘good’ (in line with OFSTED/ALI grades) lesson observations, with the aim to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ performance.
- Attend any relevant external events, conferences or workshops as required.
- To correctly complete registration documents at the beginning of each class and keep these updated.
- To have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson. If teaching another group the lesson plans must be given to the appropriate tutor.
- To engage all learners in the planning and delivery of lessons, ensuring that differentiation techniques are employed in all lessons.
- Thoroughly guide learners through their portfolio building development at all stages of the course, completing units when all the evidence has been achieved
- To contribute to the management of learning programmes and curriculum development
- To monitor learners at promotional activities.
- To act as a group tutor to more than one tutor group at a time.
- Keep all group tutor files up to date, with details of attendance, issues, learning support etc on a weekly basis.
- Accurately track all written assessments and practical assessments from your tutor group
- Continuous assessment and action planning of learners portfolios throughout their programme and final assessment in agreed two week time limit, ready for final IV.
- Maintain correctly all college tracking systems
Assessor roles and responsibility
- To hand in sampling to the IV throughout the life of the program
- To work with and liaise with your Internal Verifier and provide requested sampling on time
- Assessors need to demonstrate proper judgement and decision-making skills, supported by training. All assessments need to be judged to specific performance criteria and marking schemes and these need to be accurate. (All decisions made by Trainees will need to be countersigned by a qualified assessor.)
- Assessors are expected to follow all policies in the college and workplace. This will include assessment paperwork, salon tracking sheets and candidate log books. In addition, personal appearance must be adhered to. All rules and regulations that appear in the staff handbook must be followed at all times.
- All assessors will be required to assess all units on both NVQ levels 1, 2 and 3. If the assessor is occupationally qualified in all areas, then they must assess these. If the assessor has additional qualifications, then these at times may be called upon. It is the assessor’s responsibility to keep up to date with new products, services etc.
- To adhere to the standards, specifications and standardisation of techniques and procedures as set out for NVQ level 1, 2 and 3 for teaching both practical and theory.
- To take part and complete all standardisation exercises as handed out and monitored by the IV team
- Invigilate online testing following AQFguidelines
- To attend weekly team meetings on time and carry out necessary actions from the minutes.
- Submit group portfolio’s to IV within the 2 week timeframe in order to meet timely completion
For a full list of duties please contact us ASAP.
Due to the nature of the role the following Skills and Attributes are desired, however all applications will be considered.
- NVQ in Sport, Fitness or Personal Training levels 1 and 2
- City and Guilds Level 1, 2 and 3 or equivalent
- BTEC Sport Science or Fitness Training
- VTCT Diploma in level 1,2 and 3 or equivalent
- A1 Award (TAQA) or equivalent or working towards
- Pttl’s or Cert Ed qualification or equivalent or working towards
- Significant sector experience
- Previous experience in teaching 16-19 year olds
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 (Word, Excel,) or later, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ideally Access or similar database.
- NVQ in Sport, Fitness or Personal Training levels 3 or equivalent
- Internal Verification Qualification
- Adaptability (a propensity to be flexible where necessary).
- Effective team player.
- Strong IT skills.
- Professional and approachable.
- Previous experience in teaching 16-19 year olds
In return an excellent salary is on offer for this role, 25-34.5K. An extremely supportive environment is provided and this company also provides attractive benefits. Please contact us ASAP for a full list of duties and to find out more as this is an urgent vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.