Macmillan Move More Programme Coordinator
Post date: 11-Feb-2017 11:13:47
Grade 5 – £24,890 to £27,428 incl. location allowance (depending on qualifications, skills and abilities)
Based at St Albans, but will be required to travel around Hertfordshire
37.5 hours a week
We’re looking for a unique individual to develop, implement and provide day to day co-ordination and delivery of the Macmillan Move More Cancer Exercise Programme in East and North Hertfordshire. This is a fixed term role for 2 years, with a view to extension.
The role will work closely with people in Hertfordshire living with cancer to help them live well and help increase their involvement and engagement in physical activity and long-term lifestyle behaviour change. The role will have key responsibility to work closely with stakeholders such as Macmillan Nursing Teams, Hospice and Hospital Physios and Primary Care Specialists to ensure channels of communication are effective and referrals into the programme are seamless. Engagement with other community based activity providers will be an essential part of the role.
The Programme Co-ordinator will work with Leisure Trusts to lead a team of Level 4 Exercise Specialists across 9 Leisure facilities. They will also lead community outreach delivery in partner hospices and hospitals. The successful candidate will be a Level 4 in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation and be involved in session delivery. The role will be supported by Macmillan cancer support in terms of the individuals learning and development needs.
We are really looking for someone who:
• is positive, solution-led and has exceptional people, presentation and communication skills
• has ideally managed a team of fitness and exercise professionals
• will deliver on targets set and adhere to the Move More operational protocol
• has experience in providing monitoring and evaluation reports
• has worked within high-level projects, encompassing physical activity and clinical based rehabilitation
• is dedicated, motivated and can self-manage whilst managing others.
For a Job Description & Application Form please click on the links provided.
For an informal conversation about the role call Jo Keay on 07903 588 158
Closing date: Midnight Friday 17th February 2017
Interviews are due to be held on 2nd March 2017