Active Lifestyles Development Officer
Post date: 15-Mar-2018 13:21:18
Northampton Leisure Trust - Northampton
- Active Lifestyles Development Officer JD-PS jobs in Northampton
- Northampton Leisure Trust jobs in Northampton
Location: Any Northampton Leisure Trust location
Salary: Up to £23,666 per annum – 40 hours per week, 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Allowances: Casual Mileage
Responsible to: Head of Sport & Health Development Operations
Please read this document carefully before completing an application form or CV (and covering
- The support and management of NLTs health programmes. Working closely with our local partners including Northampton General Practice Alliance, First For Wellbeing, Northampton General Hospital, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Community Health Professionals and other local partners The post holder will oversee the daily management of the Health programmes.
- The role will encompass delivering the health agenda in line with the Corporate Strategy, monitoring, bidding, relationship development and management, project work, as well as report writing.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- To undertake management and support for the NLT health interventions in particular the management and development of NHS Health Checks and Activity on Referral programmes.
- Monitor and deliver social and commercial performance targets and income expectations for all areas of responsibility.
- To ensure that the NLT health programmes support local and national strategies to improve health and reduce health inequalities within the local community. Working closely with key partners and stakeholders to ensure joined up delivery.
- To ensure that the NLT health programmes conform to the recognised standards.
- Investigate opportunity for the development of health interventions across
Partnerships and with key stakeholders.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the interventions and devise strategies to assist in the continuous development and strategic planning of programmes of intervention within NLT.
- To keep up to date with and understand the latest research in the area of public health, national service frameworks and physical activity.
- To develop relationships with partners in the local area including those within the Local Authority, Northampton General Practice Alliance, First For Wellbeing, Northampton General Hospital, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Community Health Professionals and other local partners.
- To ensure that all necessary qualifications for the post are maintained and renewed.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments within leisure and health and fitness, and discuss own training and development needs with the Head of Sport & Health Development Operations and Health & Fitness Development Officer.
- Deliver health, wellbeing and fitness related sessions, classes, fitness inductions and health & fitness lead activities as required.
- Develop a culture of excellence.
- To be flexible to the needs of the NLT health developments programmes.
- To act in accordance with, and actively promote, NLTs policies and standards.
- To carry out duties with due regard for Health and Safety Requirements and regulations, the Equal Opportunities Policies and Customer Care standards.
- The post holder will have access to confidential information. The post holder must not at any time use the personal data held for any purpose other than that which it was intended under the terms of the scheme or disclose any such data to a third party.
- Maintain and promote the professional image of the Trust and the Trilogy brand at all times.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post’s level of responsibility.
PEOPLE AND RESOURCES
The jobholder is responsible for the following people and resources:
- Health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors and staff
Job holders position in relation to their manager, peers and direct reports:
- Post-holder is line managed by the Head of Sport & Health Development Operations.
This job entails the following demands:
- Required to respond to customer enquiries, complaints and concerns.
- Need to be sensitive to needs of diverse community groups including customers with disabilities.
- Required to conduct NHS Health Checks and other health, wellbeing and fitness
- Job involves some lifting and carrying and the post holder is required to be physically
fit and healthy.
- Required to work during evenings and weekends
- Required to provide cover at short notice to ensure continuity of service to the