Physical Activity Referral Officer - 2 posts
Post date: 14-Jul-2010 11:53:19
Company: Fylde Coast YMCA
Location: St Annes, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Job ref: BLA-REF
37.5 hours per week
12 month fixed term
Fylde Coast YMCA are seeking a highly motivated people person to help with the delivery of the Y:Active Exercise on Prescription programme.
The main focus of the role will involve delivery of consultations to referred clients and the design and implementation of tailored physical activity programmes. Working across the Blackpool area the postholder will also take some responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of adult physical activity programmes. Typical duties include:
* To undertake client consultations and identify appropriate physical activity opportunities
* To provide health assessments to clients on adult referral programmes
* To work with local GP practices to promote the 'Y' Active Referral Programme and keep referring partners informed of scheme developments
* To use motivational interview techniques to maximise adherence rates.
* Explore innovative, new ways of delivering on the adult physical activity agenda
* Tracking and supplying monitoring and evaluation information for the formation of reports
You should possess at least two years experience of working within the field of health and physical activity. Excellent communication and organisational skills are also required.
In return you will be joining an organisation that is committed to the personal development of staff and operates a collaborative and supportive style of management.
To request an application pack or for further information please email email@example.com or contact a member of the Y:Active Team on 01253 882105.
Interview dates - week commencing 19th July 2010
Closing date: 16 Jul 2010