Physical Activity, Fitness and Health Development
Post date: 24-Mar-2011 15:07:35
Location: Loughborough, United Kingdom
Salary: £24,928 - £32,478 pa
Closing date: 28 Mar 2012
Temporary officer post (initially for one year)
Loughborough College is renowned as a centre of excellence for sport, exercise, health and fitness. We are a highly successful College which offers a significantly mixed provision delivering courses from Level 1 to BSc Honours Degree. Our Campus, located next to Loughborough University, has new purpose-built facilities including two sports labs, an outdoor all weather pitch and Sports Centre.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to take a strategic lead within the team to drive our provision within the area of physical activity, fitness and health both locally, nationally and internationally.
This exciting and varied role will involve playing a leading role managing our physical activity, fitness and health provision including the following areas:
- Delivering existing products and services to employers and partners (for example the level 3 Health Trainers Qualification and Exercise Referral course)
- Developing new products and services within the area to meet current industry demand
- Leading and managing programmes including supervision of staff and managing specialist consultants as required
- Working closely with our expert sales and marketing team to promote programmes to employers at a regional, national and international level
- Designing and delivering bespoke and innovative programmes to meet the needs of employers including Workplace Wellness Programmes
- Working with international partners to develop and deliver programmes
- Quality assuring and monitoring the effectiveness of the provision
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant subject and extensive experience of delivering physical activity, fitness and health programmes and initiatives. Outstanding communication skills and previous experience of managing staff and working at a strategic level are also essential requirements for this post.
We can offer you a whole range of benefits including family friendly policies, excellent final salary pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and first rate facilities on site including a nursery, travel agency and free off-peak Leisure Centre membership.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 28th March 2011