Activity Referral Officer
Post date: 26-Apr-2012 07:27:36
Location: Wentworth Gardens, Poulton-Le-Fylde (FY6)
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Date posted: 26/04/2012 08:00
Job type: Contract
Company:fylde coast ymca
Contact: james wheelhouse
Job ID: 53447242
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Job Share will be considered)
Initially Fixed Term until 31st March 2013 (Potential future funding to extend
Fylde Coast YMCA are seeking a highly motivated people person to help with the delivery of the ‘Y’ Active GP and Cardiac Rehab Referral Programmes.
The main focus of the role will involve delivery of consultations to referred clients and the design and implementation of tailored physical activity programmes. Working across Fylde and Wyre the post holder will also take some responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of adult physical activity programmes. Typical duties include:
- To undertake client consultations and identify appropriate physical activity opportunities
- To provide health assessments to clients on adult referral programmes
- To work with local GP practices to promote the ‘Y’ Active Referral Programme and keep referring partners informed of scheme developments
- To use motivational interview techniques to maximise adherence rates.
- Explore innovative, new ways of delivering on the adult physical activity agenda
- Tracking and supplying monitoring and evaluation information for the formation of reports
- Assisting with the promotion of Fylde Coast YMCA health and physical activity programmes
You should possess at least two years experience of working within the field of health and physical activity. Excellent communication and organisational skills are also required.
This role will require CRB clearance.
In return you will be joining an organisation that is committed to the personal development of staff and operates a collaborative and supportive style of management.
To request an application pack or for further information please contact a member of the Y:Active Team on 01253 882105 or visit www.ymcayactive.org