Assistant Manager - Health Clubs - Birmingham
Post date: 14-Jun-2011 08:38:51
Salary: £18,000 pa Basic + Bonuses
Date posted: 13/06/2011 08:36
Job type: Permanent
Company: Flow Sport
Contact: Sukh Samra
Job ID: 50829205
Our client is the one of the most unique and progressive fitness operators within the UK marketplace. Due to their continued expansion they are currently looking to recruit a assistant general manager for their sites in the Birmingham region.
The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Club Manager and will assume responsibilities of the Club Manager in the Club Managers absence.
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies written in the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Handbook are adhered to.
- Professionally conduct member inductions, to ensure that members are able to use the facilities in a safe manner.
- Clean and maintain all gym equipment recording all defects in the maintenance file.
- Ensure that the overall cleanliness within The Gym’s premises is of outstanding standards. This includes, but is not limited to, the re-stacking of weights, picking up of any litter etc
- Maintain cleanliness of the changing facilities whilst the cleaner is not on site.
- Deal with prospects in a professional manner whilst showing them the facilities and assisting them with the online joining process.
- Deal with any necessary administration and member issues which includes, but is not limited to, answering the telephone, returning messages left on the answering machine, report submission and responding to relevant e-mails.
- Conduct weekly club safety checks and record all defects that you are not able to rectify, in the maintenance file.
- Carry out member inductions and manage freelance personal trainers on site.
The ideal candidate will have a solid management background in the leisure industry. You must be REPS Level 3 qualified and be a very hands on manager.